UPSC CAPF AC 2023 Notification: Apply for 322 Assistant Commandant (AC) Vacancies in Central Armed Police Force (CAPF)
If you aspire to join the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF) as an Assistant Commandant (AC), then the UPSC CAPF AC 2023 recruitment presents a great opportunity for you. The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for UPSC CAPF AC 2023, inviting online applications from eligible candidates. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to apply for UPSC CAPF AC 2023:
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the notification for the UPSC CAPF AC 2023 examination, inviting applications for the post of Assistant Commandant (AC) in the Central Armed Police Force (CAPF), including the BSF, CRPF, CISF, ITBP, and SSB. This is a great opportunity for candidates who are interested in a challenging career in the paramilitary forces. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the details related to UPSC CAPF AC 2023, including important dates, eligibility criteria, selection process, and more.
|Post Name||Assistant Commandant (AC)|
|Number of Vacancies||322|
|Recruitment by||Union Public Service Commission (UPSC)|
|Job Location||All India|
|Application Fees||Gen/OBC/EWS: Rs. 200/-, SC/ST/Female: Rs. 0/-|
|Mode of Payment||Online|
|Application Start Date||April 26, 2023|
|Application Last Date||May 16, 2023, up to 06:00 pm|
|Modify Application Form||May 17-23, 2023|
|Exam Date||August 6, 2023|
|Age Limit||20-25 Years (with age relaxation as per rules)|
|Selection Process||Written Exam (Paper I: 250 Marks + Paper II: 200 Marks), Physical Standards/Physical Efficiency Test, Medical Examination, Interview/Personality Test (150 Marks), Merit List (Out of 600 Marks)|
|Type of Exam||Objective Type Multiple Choice|
|Exam Duration||2 Hours|
|Subjects for Paper 1||General Mental Ability, General Science, Current Events of National and International Importance, Indian Polity & Economy, History of India, Indian and World Geography|
|Paper 1 Questions||125|
|Paper 1 Marks||250|
|Physical Standards Test (PST) – Men||Height: 165 cm, Chest: 81 cm + 5 cm expansion, Weight: 50 Kg|
|Physical Standards Test (PST) – Women||Height: 157 cm, Chest: Not Applicable, Weight: 46 Kg|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – Men||100 Meter Race: 16 Seconds, 800 Meter Race: 3 Minutes 45 Seconds, Long Jump: 3.5 Meter, Shot Put (7.26 Kg): 4.5 Meter|
|Physical Efficiency Test (PET) – Women||100 Meter Race: 18 Seconds, 800 Meter Race: 4 Minutes 45 Seconds, Long Jump: 3 Meter, Shot Put (7.26 Kg): Not Applicable|
The total number of vacancies for the UPSC CAPF AC 2023 exam is 322, distributed among various CAPF organizations as follows:
- BSF (Border Security Force): 86 vacancies
- CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force): 55 vacancies
- CISF (Central Industrial Security Force): 91 vacancies
- ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police): 60 vacancies
- SSB (Sashastra Seema Bal): 30 vacancies
To be eligible for the UPSC CAPF AC 2023 exam, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Educational Qualification: Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
- Age Limit: Candidates must be between 20 to 25 years of age as of August 1, 2023. Age relaxation will be given to candidates belonging to reserved categories as per government rules.
The application process for UPSC CAPF AC 2023 is online and will start from April 26, 2023, and the last date to apply is May 16, 2023, up to 06:00 pm. Candidates need to visit the official website of UPSC (upsc.gov.in) to fill the application form. The application fee is Rs. 200/- for General/OBC/EWS candidates, while SC/ST/Female candidates are exempted from the fee. The fee can be paid online using various modes of payment.
The selection process for UPSC CAPF AC 2023 consists of the following stages:
- Written Exam: The written exam will consist of two papers – Paper I and Paper II, which will be conducted on the same day. Paper I will have questions from General Mental Ability, General Science, Current Events of National and International Importance, Indian Polity & Economy, History of India, and Indian and World Geography. Paper I will be of 250 marks, and Paper II will be of 200 marks.
- Physical Standards Test (PST): Candidates who qualify in the written exam will undergo a Physical Standards Test (PST), which includes measurements of height, chest (for men), and weight.
- Physical Efficiency Test (PET): Candidates who clear the PST will have to appear for a Physical Efficiency Test (PET), which includes a 100-meter race, 800-meter race, long jump, and shot put (for men).
- Medical Examination: Candidates who pass the PET will undergo a medical examination to assess their medical fitness.
- Interview/Personality Test: Candidates who clear the medical examination will be called for an Interview/Personality Test, which will be of 150 marks.
- Merit List: The final merit list will be prepared based on the marks obtained in the written exam (out of 450 marks) and Interview/Personality
Visit the Official Website
The official website of UPSC is upsc.gov.in. Visit the website to access the online application portal for UPSC CAPF AC 2023.
Read the Notification
Carefully read the notification for UPSC CAPF AC 2023, which contains important information about the recruitment such as eligibility criteria, vacancies, exam pattern, and more. Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria before proceeding with the application process.
Click on the link to apply online for UPSC CAPF AC 2023. If you are a first-time user, you need to register yourself on the website by providing basic details such as name, date of birth, email ID, and mobile number. A unique registration ID and password will be generated, which you need to note down for future reference.
Fill the Application Form
Login using your registration ID and password to access the online application form. Fill in all the required details such as personal information, educational qualification, and contact details accurately. Upload scanned copies of your photograph and signature as per the specifications mentioned in the notification.
Pay the Application Fee
After filling the application form, you need to pay the application fee online. The application fee for General/OBC/EWS category is Rs. 200/-, while it is exempted for SC/ST/Female candidates. Choose the appropriate payment mode and complete the payment process.
Review and Submit
Before final submission, review all the details filled in the application form carefully. Make sure there are no errors or discrepancies. Once you are satisfied with the information provided, click on the submit button to submit your application.
Print Application Form
After successful submission of the application form, take a printout of the application form for future reference. No need to send the hard copy of the application form to UPSC or any other office.
Modify Application Form (if needed)
UPSC provides an opportunity to modify the application form for a limited period of time after the last date of application. If you need to make any corrections or modifications in your application form, you can do so during the specified dates.
Prepare for the Exam
Start preparing for the written exam, which consists of Paper I and Paper II. Paper I covers topics such as General Mental Ability, General Science, Current Events of National and International Importance, Indian Polity & Economy, History of India, Indian and World Geography. The exam is of objective type multiple-choice questions with a time duration of 2 hours and carries a total of 250 marks.
Appear for Physical Standards Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET)
If you qualify in the written exam, you will be called for the Physical Standards Test (PST) and Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Make sure you meet the required physical standards such as height, chest, weight, and fitness levels as mentioned in the notification. Prepare accordingly and perform well in the PST and PET.